Welcome to My Midwest Kitchen, where the counter top might be messy but no one goes home hungry.
Fall is in the air and pumpkin spice is everywhere. Starbucks had their earliest launch of their products ever in 2020. There wasn’t anything new added to that lineup this year, but a 2019 favorite did come back: the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. I tried it out on launch day last year and fell in love. I drank so many I think my blood type changed. Shortly after that I went in for testing and learned I developed an adult dairy allergy and had to cut them out of my life.
I went to my local Starbucks this fall and asked if they could make one dairy-free for me, and at first they thought they could, but it turned out that whatever Starbucks uses for pumpkin flavoring contains dairy.
It was time to take matters into my own hands and kitchen. Here is how I made a dairy-free Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew.
- 2/3 cup of vanilla almond milk creamer
- 1/2 Tbsp of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 pumps of vanilla drink syrup
- Iced or cold brew coffee
- In a blender, mix the vanilla almond milk creamer, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Blend until all combined.
- In a cup with ice, add coffee, syrup, and blended creamer to taste. Serve and enjoy the flavors of fall.