Once you realize you can have “birthday” cake any day of the year, the second part of your life begins.
I was craving a funfetti style cupcake in the middle of the week, and I didn’t want to drive to the store and buy a 6 pack only to eat one and regret purchasing the other five. So I took to the internet and found a great recipe for a funfetti mug cake that can be whipped up in under three minutes (depending on how fast you can assemble your ingredients.
Here is what you will need to make this single-serve treat:
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons milk (I used unsweetened oat milk)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flavorless oil (I used vegetable oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Funfetti sprinkles
- In a microwave safe mug mix together dry ingredients of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in wet ingredients of milk, oil and vanilla extract. Stir until just combined, do your best not to over-mix. The cake can become tunnel-y.
- Gently stir in sprinkles
- Microwave for 1 – 1.5 minutes. When I did it it took about a minute and 20 seconds for it to set.
- Top with a spoonful of frosting and a few more sprinkles.
Have your cake and eat it too, happy baking!